Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Wet Wonderland

Woke up this morning to cloudy skies. Not the prettiest day, but perfect biking weather!


I rode around our neighborhood for 90 minutes and managed 14.5 miles for my longest ride yet! Towards the end of my ride, the sun came out from hiding and it go oh-so hot and sunny.


I went down some unfamiliar streets and ended up getting lost a few times but that's all part of the fun! It's always nice to be back home in familiar crossings, though!

Florida weather is bipolar. So, the sun has hid again and the rain came out to play. Mr. Rain brought his friends, Thunder and Lightning, and boy did they have a party!


We knew the storm was really close because immediately after a lightning strike the thunder hit. The thunder was the loudest and scariest I've ever heard, it shook our whole house!


My favorite part of a rain downpour is all the beautiful sights afterwards. While things are slowing down and it's still sprinkling a little bit. Everything is more vivid, brighter and cleaner after a rain storm.


It was raining lightly when I took these photos. I had to be careful to not let my precious camera get all wet! I was constantly wiping off the rain drops from it with my shirt!


It's nice to have rain again. We were in a serious drought there for a while.

2 comments:

  1. Nice pictures! Sounds like a lovely day. :) I wish it would rain here...we're in a drought, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so gorgeous!! Usually the second it starts raining I hide... I hate the wetness of it, lol. You're inspiring me to go out and see the beauty in it :)

    ReplyDelete