Friday, July 15, 2011

Let's Finish This The Way We Started It

Ohmygosh. I still can't believe it. Harry Potter is over. 



My grandma is a retired reading teacher. When I was in 4th grade, she gave me the first four Harry Potter books.

They sat on my bookshelf for a long time, untouched. I was really into The Babysitter's Club at the time.

I forget how, but one day I took the crisp, clean copy of The Sorcerer's Stone off of my perfectly organized bookshelf and began to read.


I was hooked.

Harry, Ron and Hermione became my best friends. When they were sad, I was sad. When they were happy, I was happy.


When I got through books 1-4, my mom bought me The Order Of The Phoenix online. On a summer day, it came in the mail and I about died of excitement. I ripped it open, scurried upstairs to my bedroom, immersed myself into the wizarding world, and was scarcely seen by my family for a week.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

The last HP movie. My first midnight premiere. 12:01am.


Before I bought my ticket my dad said, "Are you going to be able to stay awake for the movie?".
Um...hello. Yes I will!

I couldn't help but get the feeling, on the drive to the theater, that it was our last trip to Hogwarts. Our last ride on The Hogwarts Express.

At 11:30pm, the movie theater was packed. I was shocked.


I couldn't help but feel connected to all the HP fans there. We had all grown up with the series, all laughed and cried while reading the books. Everyone was dressed up. People went all out. Scarves, wands, cloaks, lightning shaped scars, Harry's glasses. It was amazing.

This was it, the very last movie for the very last book. I could feel my heart pounding, I had butterflies in my stomach, I was so excited.

The movie was so amazing. It was intense. It was epic. I loved every single second. It was perfect. Absolutely perfect. It had me in tears at some points, laughing in others, on the edge of my seat. I didn't want to blink, for fear I'd miss something. It was such a beautifully made movie.

Me, Austin and Amy cried. I'm pretty sure we're die hards.

When the credits came up, we all just sat in our seats. Still trying to take it all in. It was seriously the best movie I've ever seen. I want to go see it again.

4 comments:

  1. Oooh I can't even wait to see it!! You are making me so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I want to see #7 SO badly!! But, I guess I should see #6 before I see #7.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad!! It feels like it was never supposed to end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to the midnight premiere, too, and even though I was really tired, I'm so glad I did. I love Harry Potter & I'm enjoying reading other people's thoughts on the movie. I loved it, and I also cried. I want to see it again!

    ReplyDelete