Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Thoughts On A Tuesday

1) Photography is way more than just pushing a button.

Aperture, shutter speed, f stops, film, focus, depth of field...it can be overwhelming.

Actually, I started reading up on all this technical-photography-stuff over the summer.

In my Photography class we are learning manual film cameras which is a whole 'nother ball game compared to digital. We have a test on the parts of a camera and then the teacher is going to make sure we know how to load film and use the camera correctly then we will take our first photos with them!

I love the look, feel and idea of using manual film cameras but it is a little upsetting in the beginning. They are totally something new and can be a hassle but I'm excited to become more familiar with them.

2) I am going to be on our school's Yearbook team! Me and my two friends and in charge of photographing the Varsity Cheerleaders. hmm Should be interesting.

3) Our high school guidance counselors are hosting a trip to the University Of Florida for juniors and seniors. I decided to sign up.

I'm pretty excited, we get to miss a whole day of school. It has not been in my plans to go to a Florida college but...who knows? It's always good to keep my options (and mind) wide open.

4) I really want to go to Brigham Young University and have been dreaming of going my whole life. But I'm almost starting to rethink going there. I don't know why but I don't feel like that's really truly where I want to go anymore. I don't know. It's weird. I still want to go there but I feel like there's other options I should explore first.



No comments:

Post a Comment