Thursday, November 10, 2011

I (Can't) Be Everything

I don't know what I want to be... because I want to be everything.


I want to see every inch of this amazing planet. The mountainous landscapes of Peru; the quaint, old feel of Paris; the rolling beaches of Australia; the historic sites of the Eastern United States. I want to travel the world.

I want to capture life's moments with a camera. Two people in love, baby's first steps, best friends laughing, mother saying goodbye. I want to be a photographer.

I want to be somebody's medical hero, the reason somebody is alive. Bring babies into the world, assist in surgery, write prescriptions for new glasses. I want to be a doctor.

I want to move gracefully and in time with the music on stage. Delight an audience, show emotion through movement. I want to be a dancer.

I want to compile life stories of my family, my ancestors.  I want to collect photographs from their lives and organize it all.

I want to have an important job in our nation's government. I want to nudge elbows with the President. I want to hold a job in a big office in the nation's capitol.

I want to work at Disney World. Always have wanted to.

I want to save someone's life through healthy eating and exercise. I want to be a nutritionist.


But I can't do it all. I just can't and I don't know what to choose.

Above all, I want to bring children into the world, clasp their little fingers with mine, be a part of them. Teach them, love them, lead them. I do know of one thing, I want to be a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment