Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Peter Pan wished me a Happy Birthday!

My mom took me to Disney World yesterday!

She asked me Sunday night what I wanted to do for my birthday coming up this week and I said jokingly, "go to Disney World?" I was totally kidding, it was the only thing I could think of that I wanted to do.



Well turns out there were some Disney dollars from the Disney credit card and it was enough for us to both go with leftover money for getting delicious food! My farfetched wish turned into a dream come true!



So since yesterday was Labor Day and she had the day of from work, we went! It was so last minute. Tyler was like jealous and stuff and said so how come all of the sudden you two get to go to Disney?


We left at 6am and and drove til we got to Magic Kingdom at 8am. Poor mommy drove the whole way while I slept with my big fuzzy blue blanket and pillow in the passenger seat. We got there so early we even got to see the gate opening ceremony of the park with all of the characters! It was a beautiful sight.



We got to eat lunch at the brand spankin' new Be Our Guest restaurant. They had electronic menus with touch screens. We split the quinoa salad and vegetable quiche and both were so good! You go sit at your table under the chandeliers with your red button thing, and then a waiter with your order appears minutes later with a cute trolley. It was like magic.


The lines were awesome yesterday! We didn't even have to wait for Space Mountain, we just walked right on and through the usual queue space. It had been 4 years since I'd been on that ride, and I think they updated it a little, like the sounds were different. I don't know, maybe not.



We were walking through Fantasyland and who do I see? Peter Pan and Wendy speed walking right on by. Luckily I had my camera on and at the ready. Peter saw me trying to take his picture right as he cruised past me and made a silly face. Then he saw my birthday pin and wished me a happy birthday. Peter Pan wished me a happy birthday! It made me so giddy!


I took a risk bringing along my fancy shmancy 50mm 1.8 lens. It's a prime lens so it doesn't zoom, but the pictures come out tack sharp and it does wonders in low light so I brought it instead of the kit 18-55 lens. I was missing the zoom especially for shots of the castle, but if I were to do it again I would still bring the 50mm, it's tack sharp images can't be beat!



Pretty much every single cast member wished me a Happy Birthday, one even offered the greeting using my name, it was so fun and so special! Haha, I don't know why but I loved it!



It was so cool watching through the window in the Confectionery as they made these huge $10 Mickey caramel apples. We talked with the ladies making them. They were all so sweet. I told them that I want to work and make them someday and they all said to try and apply for the Disney College Program. I have been looking at the college program for a few months now, and I hope I can get in!

We went on pretty much everything we wanted to. We stayed away from the teacups, because mom didn't want to get sick, and Splash Mountain was closed, but pretty much everything else we got to ride. I felt like a little kid waiting to go on the Pooh Bear ride with all the toddlers, what can I say, I'm a huge Winnie the Pooh lover! I really loved the Carousel Of Progress, I feel like it's a really cool attraction that is really under appreciated.



I had another character sighting right by the castle. The wicked stepsisters and mother were gallavanting my, looking quite perplexed, as always, but moving quite quick like Peter Pan and Wendy were. Luckily again, I had my camera at the ready and snapped a quick picture. It was too funny, the stepmother saw me and said, "did you get my hair? you must have got my hair, I look fabulous," as she was poofing it with her hands.



The two crowning events of the night, the Celebrate The Magic castle projection show and the Wishes  Fireworks show, completely blew me away. It is so amazing to me that they can project images on the castle so seamlessly and beautifully, and the castle wasn't even originally designed for a show like that! They included many of the new movies into the show, like Wreck It Ralph, Tangled, Princess And The Frog and Up. Well, new to me. This was my first time going to Disney after seeing those movies.



I bought Minnie ears so that I can dress up like Minnie for Halloween. We bought some yummy goodies in the Confectionery, including one of those huge caramel apples that we had been eyeing before. But we saved it to share with everyone at home. They have these huge, soft delicious cookies. I got the peanut butter one and it was soo good.



It was a really hot and humid day. We were so glad that we didn't need to use the ponchos that I had been lugging around all day, if we hadn't brought them, we would've needed them! We had so much fun buying delicious, cold treats to keep ourselves cooled off. We had chocolate covered frozen bananas earlier in the morning and then in the late afternoon we had frozen lemonade that we enjoyed while we waited in the hot and humid line for Thunder Mountain Railroad.



Belle's new area of the park has a cute new attraction. I don't want to give it all away, in case you've never been there, but you get to meet Belle and it's the sweetest thing ever!



It was totally fun watching the parade. I absolutely love Disney World. All the costumes and dancing is so precise and perfect, it's magical. The fact that cars can't even drive to the Magic Kingdom, that you need to take the ferry or monorail, makes it seem like it is it's own private world.



The Pirates of The Caribbean ride had a lot more meaning to me now that I've seen the first movie and loved it. I absolutely love Jack Sparrow's character. And it was so cool, Jack Sparrow was doing a show right by the ride! I loved it! It was really well done. Obviously it wasn't Johnny Depp, but it very well seemed like it was!



Me and mom were so exhausted by sunset. Our feet were aching, I couldn't stand one second longer. So we grabbed a bench in Main Street and chilled for 2 hours. We had already done everything we wanted. It was really peaceful just sitting in Disney without having to rush to the next ride and clambering to get to our Fast Pass on time. It was so cool, watching people walk by with their families and all the crew members. The Halloween decorations were all up, lots of jack-o-lanterns decorated Main Street and when the lights came on at dusk the whole park turned into a dazzling, glittering wonderland.



We stayed for the Electric Light Parade, immediately followed by the castle projection show and the fireworks. Our whole day at Disney totaled to 14 hours! Crazy! I had the best time. It was my turn to drive home. It was hard keeping my contact-ridden eyes open on the two hour drive back home. I listened to the radio and amazing, lots of my favorite sing-along songs came on. That made the drive so much easier. I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my 18th birthday! And well, tomorrow's the actual day I turn 18! And I leave for college 3 days after that! Eek!

1 comment:

  1. Happy, happy birthday! I'm so glad you got to go! YAY!

    We are taking Zach to Disneyland in October - his last trip before leaving on his mission! I wish it was just a 2 hour drive, but it will take 6 hours!

    ReplyDelete